Saturday, October 18, 2008

#34 - Read the Twilight Series

Last night I went to bed as the sun was rising. No, I was not partying or working hard; instead, I was reading the end of Breaking Dawn, the fourth and final novel of the Twilight series. Over the last week, I've been totally engaged in this teenage vampire romance/ action saga. I know - it seems hoaky - but the books were really good! Last year, my female students would not put these books down and now I know why. I never thought I'd like books about vampires and werewolves or imagined I would daydream about the mythical characters while standing in line at the grocery store or driving my car. How funny... I am excited because the movie comes out the week before Thanksgiving and you can guarantee that I will be at the theatre, candy in hand, with all the thirteen year olds waiting for the vampire hearthrob Edward Cullen to appear on screen. :)

2 comments:

cmonster said...

aaaw. i still haven't read them--they are on my xmas list! maybe since dil is gonna be gone ill just go out and buy them to keep my mind occupied

i hope all is well

Karissa said...

I can't believe you're done already! I just finished the 2nd one. They are very addicting though. I'm glad that I'll have someone to share my excitement with when I finish!