Sunday, October 5, 2008

#5 -Take a Bikram Yoga Class & #71- Attend OAR concert


Yesterday, October 4th, was a fun and fruitful day! It started off with an intense "Hot Yoga Class." I have been experimenting with this type of yoga for the last two weeks as a 21 Day Challenge that the studio offers so I got Ryan to join me for one long session! To my surprise, he really liked it. The premise of the class is to do 26 poses and stretches over an hour and a half time in a room that is 95 degrees. The heat is supposed to loosen your muscles and make the stretches easier! It is by far the most difficult workout I have ever done and Ryan might agree! It looked like we went swimming by the time we finished! After my 21 day challenge is over, I would like to continue with it so we will see! Ryan is even interested in trying again...


Later in the day, we went to St. Augestine where we met our friend Alex, who is living in Austin (my favorite city!), to attend the O.A.R. concert. I have seen them at the ACL fest several times and they also performed at UT while I went there. Ryan, however, had never been and always wanted to attend one of their concerts, so for his birthday, I got him tickets! The concert was the last on their tour and was the best I'd ever seen! I do know more of their music now, so it was fun to be able to sing and dance along to the familiar music. I also had a great time people watching as there were many, many crazies in the auditorium doing nutsy things. It was at the St. Augestine Amphitheatre, which I guess was just renovated recently, and it was a beautiful venue. We both can't wait to go back again!



1 comment:

Karissa said...

Sounds awesome, Ter! I've never really done yoga, and I really need to try it. I'm not so sure about hot yoga though - I'm really not a fan of sweating. So, we're planning on spending 3 days in Granada if you know of any specific places I need to check out. Take care, and good work on your list!